Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to Chattanooga to visit with my husband's family. It was a fun day with LOTS of good food and company. I was blessed to marry into such a wonderful family and I am thankful for them every day! My oldest 2 were were at their dad's so they did not get to join us which was a bummer but it means they will be at home for Christmas, since we switch out holidays. Emma came home and wrote us a sweet letter to tell everyone what she was thankful for and when I can figure out how to make my scanner work, I will scan it in for you all to read. It made me happy and it made me realize that she is thankful for each of us, even if she doesn't always show it.. ;-) I am thankful for so much and that is wonderful itself to have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my husband, he has a heart like no one I have ever known. He is right BESIDE me everyday and I am so lucky he came into my life. I am thankful for my daughters, even though one is a hormonal teenager, one has a bad case of "middle child syndrome", and one who's favorite word is "no".. ;-) They each have a special place in my heart and I am thankful to be their mom. I am thankful for my sweet mother-in-law and the fact that she gets up at 6am during the week to be here for our kids to get on the bus and so Riley can sleep. I pass a daycare on my way to work and I see mom's and dad's taking their little ones in and I am so thankful that she comes to my home and watches them and I don't have to worry while I am at work. I am thankful for my Memaw, who makes me laugh and has been here for me like a mother since my parents passed away. I am thankful for wonderful friends and other family. I am thankful for our jobs which allow my husband and I to provide for our family. I am thankful for so many things that I did not list because this blog could go on and on. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families as well!! :-)

Riley playing dress up in her Aunt Angie's closet
Such a big girl
Riley looking for something to get into!
Riley giving MiMi loving.
That blur would be Riley swinging..One of her favorite pastimes with her daddy
She loved the scarecrows..


My sweet family minus two

Riley learning how to play the drums with her Uncle David

2 comments: