Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5/21/11

Sooo... I have had this topic on my mind to blog or not to blog about for days now.. I don't want to offend anyone and while I think of all the things I have to say, I can't imagine it to be necessarily offensive, I am sure that someone might think otherwise.

I have struggled with this blog and what its content might or might not be. I enjoy blogging and reading others blogs about their thoughts and experiences far too much to "sugarcoat" my writings, so I hope you understand that while this is a "family blog", I will from time to time voice my thoughts on certain subjects.

Ok, now that the *disclaimer* is over. ;-) Whew..


5/21/11. We are all still here. Well everyone I know is anyway, my entire family, my co-workers, all of our friends and even the 350+ peeps I know on facebook still seem to be updating status's even moments ago that makes me pretty sure we are all still here.

Do you know who else is still here? All of the people that said just last week that they would be gone and we would be going with them if we have accepted Jesus as our Savior. We are all still here.

No one was raptured into Heaven on Saturday @ 6pm in any of the different time zones. We are all still here.

I feel sadness for each of the people that invested emotionally and financially into a belief and following that left them brokenhearted and broken financially. I feel for each of these familes that thought they were truly bringing good to people in trying to save them from an impending doom. I believe that most of these people had good intentions and meant not to bring harm to others with thier message but only love and hope to strangers. I pray they do not grow bitter because of the emotional wounds that they must carry. I hope they receive comfort and welcoming from others and they are loved on by people instead of being ridiculed. They each have a story. They are someone's mothers, brothers, daughters, uncles and grandparents. They are real people that were swayed by another person or persons and that is truly sad. We don't put our faith in other people, we put our faith God. I pray that these people can rebuild their lives to the fullest and are truly "loved' on by people close to them.

What does that tell you about the fact that we are all still here. Does it tell you that all of this is made up? No, not at all. Just that no one can predict the day or the hour. Not the year or the minute. Not who is going and who is not and until it happens... We are all still here..

Matthew 24:36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

1 comment: