Big news around our house. The baby is now walking!!!! :-). I wondered when I would be able to post that! Lol. She has been walking for a little while now. She started in July around the time she turned 17 months old. I thought that girl would NEVER walk. She finally figured out that she should try it when I put a stop to my oldest two picking her up. They had to ask for permission to pick her up and once that slacked off, I think the babe finally figured out she was gonna have to do it herself. Now she is all over and I'm loving it. I can put her down in public and not have to worry about her touching the floor for the most part. It's a new sense of independence but it's a good thing. :-)
I am looking forward to my husband being more than halfway thru his work travel for this quarter. He has been gone on 4 trips since august and he has to go in 2 more in the next month. It's been hard not having him home. He helps alot around the house. More than he knows really. He's lots of help with homework and even cooking dinner. We have recently had a few break ins/ home invasions in our area. We live in a suburb outside of a big city, We are in a very nice area with great schools and the LAST place you would ever expect to have to worry about things like that but I guess you never know. We recently had a full security system installed and I have peace of mind now with my hubby being in and out so much. I can log on to my cell phone and view the camera surveillance at any time which has proved to be quite amusing at times. :-) I can set it at night and not worry about a thing. It has definitely proved to be well worth the cost just for the stress relief.
I celebrated my 33rd birthday earlier this month. I slept late (my birthday fell on Thursday which = my off day) I had phone calls from work with my bosses singing happy birthday and tons of texts to wish me a wonderful day. I had lunch with my 9 yr old at school and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I got some great "grown up" toys. Like my new Rachel Ray cookware, a clothes steamer, some fabulous new canisters from Dilliards that I have been eyeing for 6 months and my treat to myself was plates to match my canisters to go on my plate rack for decoration. :-). We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant to eat dinner and NO there are no pics of me in a sombrero anywhere. I threatened anyone that even thought about mentioning my birthday to the wait staff. :-). It was great!
My oldest daughter was in a pageant a few weeks ago and WON! Yes WON in her division plus got Miss Photogenic as well. I was one proud mom, I have to say. I was in pageants my entire childhood and preteen years. I did school pageants almost every year, did commercials for several formal wear stores and even did a Miss Junior America in 1987. In the Miss Jr America pageant, I shared a dressing room with 5 other girls including Tiffani Theissen. (remember Kelly from Saved By The Bell and she also starred as Valerie in Beverly Hills 90210) this was all before her show biz days so I had no idea who I was hanging around and I remember my nerves being so shot, that it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. :-). I've never pushed my girls to do pageants. I think it was something my mom always loved more than me anyway so it never really interested me much as a mom. I entered my oldest in 2 local pageants and my middle in one and that was it. They both placed each time which made me happy but really made me question what was it all for anyway? Recently my oldest was asked to do a fundraiser pageant and she said she wanted to do it. I had my reservations but I thought "why not?" When she won and you could tell how happy she was, it made my heart swell inside. Maybe little girls or young women in her case, need that little boost every now and then.
Not much else going on around here. I am so super busy with a full time job, a small business and my sweet family that I usually collapse on the couch after a long day and check out the news and emails from the day. I have been bad at blogging but I hope to be better soon. Have a wonderful week everyone. :-)
Congratulations to your daughter for winning the pageant! Glad the home security system is giving you peace of mind, too.
ReplyDelete