I started blogging originally to keep friends and family up to date on our lives via the web but over the years, I have grown to love blogging and all of my blogging buddies more than I ever knew possible! So pull up a chair, get comfortable and read about our journey as we live one day at a time in a crazy but beautiful life.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Homecoming.. Oh to be a kid again.. :)
Tonight was Homecoming for my oldest baby girl. I rushed home from work and did her hair and makeup. Thank gosh for my wonderful mother in law who hot rolled her hair before I got here so it would have time to curl. She looked so grown when she got ready to go. I walked her in and she saw lots of friends and of course I was THAT mom that made her pose and have her picture made 4533739 times. :-) She is such a sweet young lady and it made me proud to see ALL of her friends and that my daughter is friends with almost everyone there. As she waited outside with the million other kids for moms or dads to pick them up, she was talking to a little girl that had lost all of her hair. When she got in the car, I asked "Brooke, who was the girl that you were talking too?" She said to me " Thats Daniella, mom. I said "Is she sick?" Knowing the answer but wanting to get a feel of how my daughter felt. She said back to me " Yea, she has leukemia, but it's no big deal". :-) I had to fight back tears when I saw my daughter right beside that sweet girl and telling me in her own way, that there was NO difference in her or any other girl at the dance. I love love love my daughter's sweet spirit. She might drive me CRAZY from time to time, but I am so proud to be her mom! :)






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW, she is gorgeous both inside and out! Looks like she had a great time at the dance :)
ReplyDeleteShe's a beauty! And I know that made your heart proud for her to be so loving and accepting of others.
ReplyDeleteShe's so beautiful! That was very touching too how she saw no difference in the other little girl, especially in this day and age when kids can be so cruel.
ReplyDeleteMy girl went to her first homecoming last week.. Bittersweet I tell ya :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a great mom and did a fabulous job :)
ReplyDelete