Saturday, June 18, 2011

House stuff. :-)


Look what we picked out today! :-) I am so stinkin excited about our newest purchase.. I have been talking about an island for our kitchen since my husband and I got married.. The kitchen cabinets are BUSTING outta their seams and I have needed a solution for a while. Every time I talked about having someone come build us one, my husband kinda shrugged off the idea, saying he really didn't think it was neccesarry. Today we went shopping for a new kitchen table and chairs and we couldn't find anything we really LOVED. So instead, we saw this in the showroom and it was love at first sight for BOTH of us! Yep, hubby liked it too. I am glad now, he put me off about an island for so long because this one is truly what we need!! It even has a pull out table extension so you can sit and have a snack or a meal without messing up the kitchen table. I am sure this will be a big hit with the big girls @ breakfast! I can't wait for them to deliver it! I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Other *House News*, we finally decided on a carpet and tile for our living room and foyer and I am waiting patiently for the installers to call to say it is in and they are ready to schedule our installation. :0)

Casa Brady is not quite 3 years old, but when my husband bought it in December 2008, he was buying a house as a single guy and didn't think about many upgrades. When we started dating in Feb 2009 and married in April 2009, the house went from bachelor pad to family home OVERNIGHT! We then found out we were expecting in July 2009 and our 3 bedroom home became more cramped cozy in a hurry. ;-)

We are in the process of upgrading some of the things in our home and I could not be more excited. Even if we didn't BUILD this house together, I love picking out things with my husband and making it ours!

I will post before and after pics once the furniture is delivered and new floors are down. :-) Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, that island is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE it!!! Great choice! I can't wait for pictures of it in you home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty. Enjoy the redecorating.

    ReplyDelete