Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And then there were FIVE!

Our little monkey and the fifth and final member of our family is 2 weeks old today! I am attempting to blog while Dad and baby sleep since he took the 5am diaper and bottle time to let me sleep! :0) It has been an amazing 2 weeks since she was born. My husband has taken time off to be home with us the 1st 3 weeks and I have LOVED having him at home. We have enjoyed lots of time together and gotten so much done around the house. He has replaced all the windows in the house with new blinds, taken back returns of duplicate or sometimes triplicate of gifts we have received, rearranged our bedroom furniture and lots more. Riley is sleeping well, during the day better than at night, of course. She is eating well and doing all things a newborn baby should. She gained 2 ounces at her 1st checkup at the pediatrician and she goes back this Friday for shots that I think we are all dreading.. :0( We had newborn pics done yesterday and I can't wait to see them. She was such a good little model! :0)

Brooke and Emma are adjusting well to the new baby in the house. They both want to feed and change her and I have to explain that she is still too little for them to help with those chores just yet. They do help by holding her hands to calm her down when its diaper time, or keeping her entertained while I make a bottle. They have been really good big sisters.

Emma had a stomach bug of some sort on Sunday night. We got Riley down about 11:30pm only to be awakened @ 12:30am to a sick Emma standing at my door, needing a bath and the bedsheets changed! Yep, so much fun! I got her cleaned up, bed stripped and kids moved to the living room around 1:00am and was back in bed by 1:30. Talk about exhausted! Brooke managed to dodge the bullet or so it seems with the sickness so I think we did good on this one!

Emma also learned to ride a bike with no training wheels since we have been home from the hospital! I was emotional of course when seeing this, realizing how grown up one was getting and how one is just getting started! Of course, now I am just a nervous wreck about the whole bike thing and I wish she was less interested in it. It's almost like I hold my breath, the whole time I am watching her speed up and down the street, waiting on the inevitable skint knee or elbow that I am sure will come. My husband has decided to buy a bike for himself as well so that he can ride with the girls now that the weather is getting warmer. It makes me smile when I think of all the things he has done for our family and how selflessly he gives of his time and energy so that everyone has what they need. Sometime, I can just sit and watch him interact with the kids and realize that he has patience that I can only dream of and it makes me smile to realize what a wonderful husband and father he has become in such a short time. He takes each new adventure with enthusiasm never realizing the joy he brings to each one of us especially me. :0)

Ok, I have managed to blog this morning and baby and Daddy are still asleep. I better get off and put this time to some cleaning or maybe crawling on the couch for a quick nap! ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie!! love the blog.. I wish I could figure out how to do one myself. Riley is growing! we hope to maybe see ya'll real soon! LOVE YA"LL!!! Angie D

    ReplyDelete